SERVINGS: 2-3 PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES
"Indulge in the rich and authentic flavours of Paneer Masala with my quick
and easy recipe! Made with simple ingredients, this delicious and fresh dish is sure to impress. Try my authentic recipe today!"
- 270g Paneer Cheese Block, diced or cut into rectangles
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 2 medium-sized white onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped to a similar size as the paneer
- 1 tsp crushed fresh garlic
- 1 tsp crushed fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander/cilantro, chopped
- 3 fresh green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
Oil for cooking A glass of water handy to splash here and there as needed.
- Saute diced paneer until golden brown, then set aside.
- Cook onions until translucent and light brown, then add garlic, ginger, and green chilies.
- Add ground turmeric, chilli, and salt, followed by chopped tomatoes and coriander/cilantro. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and sprinkle garam masala over the pot. Cover with a lid and let it cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add sauteed paneer and chopped bell peppers. Cook on high for a minute.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with pilau rice, flatbread, and onion salad.
My tips to get the best out of this dish
To prevent the paneer from sticking to the pan, make sure the pan is hot and well-oiled before adding the paneer.
If the onions start to catch at the bottom of the pan, splash a little water to deglaze and continue cooking.
Don’t be afraid to adjust the spice levels to your liking. Add more chilli for a spicier dish or reduce the amount for a milder flavour.
Letting the garam masala sit on top of the dish while covered with a lid enhances the flavour and aroma of the spices.